Frequently Asked Questions:
You have questions? We got answers! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about our training academy:
In a short answer: NO: On-line first aid and CPR training is not a valid form of training in the Province of Ontario. Those on-line first aid and CPR course websites that you see on-line are geared towards American standards. Canadian standards to not allow first aid & CPR training to be conducted on-line. It MUST be done in a classroom and trained by an authorized training partner of the Canadian Red Cross.
Yes! All of our training courses are taught by experienced first aid and CPR training instructors, certified by the Canadian Red Cross. All first aid & CPR courses meet all the guidelines from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) as well as Ontario Health & Safety (OHS) for basic first aid.
All of our first aid and CPR instructors are trained and certified instructors from the Canadian Red Cross: A world wide recognized organization for disaster relief and first aid / CPR training.
As an employee, you are responsible for maintaining a valid first aid & CPR certificate for employment purposes, and re-certify your first aid & CPR certification before the specified expiry date as indicated on your card.
It is the employee's responsibility to ensure your first aid & CPR certification is valid at all times. Every certification card we issue will have an expiry date.
In order for you to qualify for a re-certification, you must have the following:
- A valid first aid / CPR certificate from a WSIB approved first aid training provider.
- The actual certification card. Your first aid instructor will need to see it in order for you to be allowed to attend the re-certification class.
If you have lost your card, or your existing card has already expired, you will not be qualified to attend a re-certification course.
Also, if your existing card is a re-certification card, it cannot be re-certified again.
Follow these 4 easy steps to register:
- Select the appropriate first aid & CPR course. Your employer should determine which level you require fro your employment.
- Click on “register for course” at the bottom of the page.
- Select the best date and time that is most convenient for you.
- Make payment on-line, in person, or over the telephone for guaranteed reservation of your seat!
You can, but your seat will NOT be reserved until payment is received by us in full. Our classrooms fill up very quickly and are often filled to capacity. If you do decide to make payment when you arrive for your course, you run the risk of your seat being given to someone else who has reserved it. we highly recommend you reserve your seat my making payment over the phone, on-line, or in person prior to the commencement of the course.
Please view our late policy for complete details.
Please view our cancellation & refund policy for complete details.
All participants will be immersed in emergency first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques, which include:
- How to recognize, prevent, and respond to cardiovascular emergencies such as choking, airway blockage, and breathing emergencies.
- Disease transmission prevention methods and techniques.
- Proper use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for certification.
- Preparing to respond to medical emergencies.
- Emergency scene management, shock, levels of consciousness.
- Heart attack, stroke and sudden cardiac arrest.
- The EMS system.
- Check, Call, Care.
- Airway emergencies for adults, children, and infants.
- Breathing & circulation emergencies.
- First aid for respiratory & cardiac arrest.
- Wound care.
- AED defibrillator training.
- Diabetes, allergic reactions, asthma.
CPR Level C is 5 hours, emergency first aid (Levels A and C) are 6.5-8 hours, HCP is 7-8 hours, and standard first aid is 14-16 hours in duration.
All participants will be issued a Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR manual: A 200 page booklet of information, full colour illustrations, charts, glossary, etc. All successful participants will receive a wallet sized certification card upon successful completion (valid for 3 years).
The first aid & CPR card is valid for 3 years from the date of the training. Please note that your employer may require you to re-certify your first aid and CPR training annually even though your card has not yet been expired for employment reasons.
Yes, we provide group training for employers, associations, and communities the same course curriculum that is provided at our classrooms. Our instructor(s) will travel to your facility and teach the first aid and CPR course on-site. Please visit our group training for employers page for complete details.
We require a minimum of eight (8) participants in order for an instructor to travel to your location for group training, to a maximum of eighteen (18) participants per classroom.