The Academy for Fist Aid & Safety will honor refunds and cancellations based on the following metrics:
- Refund and cancellation will honored if at least 48 hours notice is provided. The academy reserves the right to recuse any refund request if it is less than 48 hours.
- Refund will not be honored if participant cancels and/or postpones a confirmed date with a seat booked.
- In the event of a student being denied entry due to a late arrival or course, the student will be placed on a standby list for the next available course. If space is available the day before the class, the academy will notify the student to attend. The student will have the choice of accepting or choosing another date. If the student is re-booked and is late or absent for the re-booking course, no refund will be granted and the student will have to pay the full fare of a first aid course again in order to obtain certification.
- Anyone can be denied entry or ejected during the course for behaviour which is determined to be boisterous, rude, and / or hostile. This includes (but not limited to) disrupting the classroom for whatever reason, swearing, cursing, excessive arguing, intimidation, poor manners, sleeping during the course, refusal to learn, excessive breaks and lunches not in accordance to the training break and meal standards, refusal to follow instructor directives, etc.
- The Academy For First Aid and Safety reserves the right to refuse to re-book or refund a student due to a "no show." A no-show is an absence without any notice to the academy.
- There is no acceptable excuses for a "no show" due to illness, lack of a phone, or any other emergency. All students are required to communicate with the academy for any impending absences.
- All reported absences must be done either via e-mail or voicemail via telephone. There must be a record of the student informing the academy of an impending absence. A missed call is insufficient due to the sheer amount of calls we receive on a daily basis.