The Academy for Fist Aid & Safety will honor refunds and cancellations based on the following metrics:
- Refund and cancellation will honored if at least 48 hours notice is provided. The academy reserves the right to refuse any refund request if it is less than 48 hours.
- Refund will not be honored if participant cancels and/or postpones a confirmed date more than once.
- In the event of a student being denied entry due to a late arrival or course, the student will be placed on a standby list for the next available course. If space is available the day before the class, the academy will notify the student to attend. The student will have the choice of accepting or choosing another date. If the student is re-booked and is late or absent for the re-booking course, no refund will be granted and the student will have to pay the full fare of a first aid course again in order to obtain certification.
- Anyone can be denied entry or ejected during the course for behaviour which is determined to be boisterous, rude, and / or hostile. This includes (but not limited to) disrupting the classroom for whatever reason, swearing, cursing, excessive arguing, intimidation, poor manners, sleeping during the course, refusal to learn, poor effort to learn, excessive chatting that disrupts the class or the student's learning experience, excessive breaks / lunches not in accordance to the training break and meal standards, and refusal to follow instructor directives, etc.
- The Academy For First Aid and Safety reserves the right to refuse to re-book or refund a student due to a "no show." A no-show is an absence without any notice to the academy.
- There is no acceptable excuses for a "no show" regardless of the nature of the absence. All students are required to communicate with the academy for any impending absences. We can be reached by telephone (student must leave a voicemail if no one answers), or e-mail.
- All reported absences must be done either via e-mail or voicemail via telephone. There must be a record of the student informing the academy of an impending absence. A missed call is insufficient due to the sheer amount of calls we receive on a daily basis.
- If inclement weather occurs on the date of the course, it is the student's responsibility to plan accordingly. Weather can affect traffic, bus route schedules, etc It is the student's responsibility to plan accordingly as we all are required to do during the winter months.