- Refunds, cancellations, and re-bookings will honored only if at least 72 hours notice is provided. A $30 administration fee applies. This is needed to re-advertise the seat as vacant, which costs our academy money to do so.
- Refunds, cancellations, and re-bookings will not be honored if participant has already cancelled and/or postponed a class in the past for whatever reason.
- Re-bookings, cancellations, and refund requests due to failure to do the blended online learning component at the very last minute is not an acceptable reason to re-book, cancel, or refund your course, and a re-booking fee for a total of 80% of the course fee shall apply.
- The blended online component must be done no later than 24 hours prior to the course date and time. This ensures that the participant has sufficient time to complete the blended online component, and to ensure technical support should it arise. Failure to complete the blended online component 24 hours prior to the class can lead to denial of entry at the door and/or rebooking fees. The Academy for First Aid and Safety does not provide technical support after hours on the eve of a class, and the participant is ultimately responsible for completing the blended online component if the 24 hour window is missed.
Example 1: Sarah registered for standard first aid and CPR level C on December 3 for class on December 7 at 10:00am. She does not start the online component until 11:00pm on December 6. Sarah realizes that she has issues with logging in and contacts the academy, only to get the voicemail, which does not get read until the next business day. Sarah is denied entry at the door due to no blended done. Sarah is upset because no one answered her call. In the end, Sarah needs to rebook the class and pay another fee at 80% base fare because she waited last minute, well past the 24 hour deadline. It would not be fair to expect the academy to answer calls and / or emails at 11:00pm because everyone is off duty, sleeping.
Example 2: Josh registers for Emergency first aid and CPR on April 7 for a class on April 20. Josh does not log in and start his blended online learning until 11:00pm on April 19. He realizes that he does not have a log in. Josh calls the academy, only for no one to answer his call. Josh requests to postpone his course because he cannot start his course. The end result is Josh being charged another course fee at 80% due to the missed class because Josh waited past the 24 hour window. It would not be fair to expect the academy to answer calls and / or emails at 11:00pm because everyone is off duty, sleeping.
- Anyone can be denied entry or ejected during the course for behaviour which is determined to be boisterous, disruptive to the class, rude, and / or hostile. This includes (but not limited to) disrupting the classroom for whatever reason, swearing, cursing, constant arguing, intimidation, issuing threats, ultimatums, poor manners, pressuring staff, delaying the class due to any type of behaviour, not paying attention to on site staff, not following pandemic rules by The Canadian Red Cross, municipal / provincial / federal government law, sleeping during the course, refusal to learn, poor effort to learn, excessive chatting that disrupts the class or the student’s learning experience, excessive breaks / lunches not in accordance to the training break and meal standards, and refusal to follow instructor directives, etc. This policy includes in person, over the phone, and via email. No refund shall be provided should this policy be exercised.
- Refunds are not applicable for participants who do not following directives of The Academy for First Aid and Safety, and / or The Canadian Red Cross Society, federal / provincial / municipal laws.
- The Academy For First Aid and Safety reserves the right to refuse to re-book or refund a student due to a “no show,” insufficient notice for an absence, attending the wrong venue location, or a denial of entry due to being late or no blended online completed.
- A re-booking fee of 80% of the course fee shall apply due to a “no show” or insufficient notice of at least 72 hours.
- All refund or re-booking requests must be done via email for proper records keeping.
- The Academy for First Aid and Safety reserves the right to amend their policies at any given time.
- The Academy for First Aid and Safety will not be held responsible for any cancellations due to any unforeseen circumstances, such as (but not limited to) forced majure, and any pandemic which unexpectedly closes it facility.
- In the event of a missed class due to a communicable illness, the participant must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test prior to coming to the class. This is to ensure the safety of all participants at the classroom is not comprised. No refunds are provided if the participant refuses this rule.
- Refunds due to a positive case of Covid-19 will need to show the academy proof of a positive diagnosis. This can only be done with a video showing the participant logging into their Ontario account, showing their name, followed by a positive indicator of Covid-19.
- Cancellations, postponments, and / or refunds for participants who do not wish to attend a class due to Covid-19 concerns are permitted only if an act or law legally prohibits our academy from operating (municipal, provincial, federal).
- 100% class attendance is required in order to receive your first aid certification. The door closes 30 minutes after the start time, or if the course progresses past Chapter 1 or beyond.
- Do not bring children and / or infants to our classroom. Unfortunately due to past incidences, this can make teaching and learning difficult in the classroom, especially if small children and / or infants are crying. We cannot act as a child minding service and any participants who bring infants and / or children to the class will unfortunately be denied entry.
- A passing grade of 75% or more is required to pass this course.